Doctors Lee Hampton & Tebbie Borgers provide an extremely high level of quality veterinary medicine and surgery. Below are some examples:
- Orthopedic Surgery: Cruciate Ligament Repair, using Arthrex Veterinary System (see video), Medial Patella Luxation (Dislocated Knee Cap), Dislocated Hips, Complex Bone Fractures.
- Laser Surgery: Spays/Neuters, Declawing, Ear Cropping, Removal of Elongated Soft Palate (English Bulldog), Tumor Removal, Cherry Eye Repair, Ear Hematoma Repair.
- Internal Medicine: Medical management of Diabetes, Cushing Disease, Addison Disease, Pancreatitis, Liver Disease, Congestive Heart Failure. Collapsing Trachea, Immune Mediated Hemolytic Anemia, and more.
- Dermatology: Chronic Ear and Skin Infections, Allergies of all types, Pemphigus, Mange, Skin Cancers.
- General Dentistry: Cleaning of all teeth, Extractions as needed.
- Preventative Medicine: We offer a full range of preventative and wellness health care. Comprehensive annual physical exams, routine vaccinations, annual wellness blood work and x-rays.
Ranking of reasons that people most often bring a dog or cat to the vet is as follows:
- Chronic ear infections
- Laser Surgery: Spaying/neutering/cat declawing
- Orthopedic surgery
- Internal Medicine
Veterinary dentistry has become a significant part of pet care within the last 20 years. Your pet’s dental health is so important because every major organ and system is affected by it. Simply keeping your pet’s mouth clean and free of plaque, tartar, and gum disease will add as much as 2 yrs to the average life span for cats and dogs. If your pet has obvious dental problems we can help. At each annual physical exam and vaccination visit, the doctors will evaluate your pet’s dental health and make recommendations as needed for routine cleaning. This service is included in the annual comprehensive wellness physical exam.
LASER SURGERY: Using the Accuvet CO2 Surgical Laser, Our doctors have years of experience in the following soft tissue surgical applications of Laser technology.
- Reduced Pain Laser Spays and Neuters
- Laser Removal of Elongated Soft Palate (Eng. Bulldog)
- Laser Declawing for Cats
- Laser application for Corneal Ulceration
- Laser Removal of Ear Polyps/Growths
- Laser Skin growth/tumor removal
- Laser Opening of Narrowed Nasal Openings
- Laser Removal of Anal Sacs
- Laser Removal of Cherry Eye Problems
- Ear Hematoma Laser Surgery
ORTHOPEDIC SURGERY: Our hospital is equipped with a full range of orthopedic instrumentation for a general small animal practice. Our doctors are experienced and qualified in the following orthopedic surgeries.
- Patella Luxation Repair ( all small breeds such as Boston Terriers, Poodles, Chihuahua, etc.)
- Bone Plating of Long bone fractures (Femur, Tibia, Radius, Humerus)
- Luxated Hip Replacement ( Surgical Replacement of the hip in its socket)
- Cranial Cruciate Repair (extra capsular)
- Limb Amputation (last resort)
- Fractured Pelvis Stabilization
NOTE: Advanced orthopedic surgeries are available at our hospital location. John Perkins, DVM, is a highly skilled mobile surgeon. Dr. Perkins is available to perform almost any advance surgical procedure such as TPLO (advanced knee surgery), Complicated Fracture Repair involving special needs, and OCD surgery of the shoulder.
DERMATOLOGY: Clinical experience coupled with both routine and advance testing allows the doctors to diagnose and treat a wide range of skin conditions from simple bacterial infections to advanced genetically based immune mediated dermatological diseases. Examples are:
- Sarcoptic & Demodectic Mange
- Ringworm & Yeast infections of the skin
- Allergy Testing and Treatment
- Canine and Feline Pemphigus
- Chronic Pyodermas (bacterial)
- Chronic Ear Infections (Treatment/Management)
- Cancer of the Skin – Mast Cell, Melanoma, and all types of Sarcomas
In addition to our own testing procedures, PCVHVET has access to all the latest lab tests and analysis.
INTERNAL MEDICINE: By using both our on-site laboratory machines and Idexx Labs of Fort Worth, we can offer a complete diagnostic workup for almost any internal medicine problem. Some of the Internal Medicine problems commonly diagnosed and treated at our hospital are:
- Diabetes in both Dogs and Cats
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Kidney Diseases (young and aged)
- Pyometra (severe uterine infections)
- Cushings Disease (Hyperadrenalcorticoism)
- Lymphoma (Dog and Cat Leukemia)
- Hypothyroidism in Dogs
- Feline Aids
- Hyperthyroidism in Cats
- Feline Asthma
- Addisons Disease
- Chronic Colitis
- Portosystemic Shunts of the Liver
- Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemias
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Lymes Disease
- Erhlichia in Dogs
- Vestibular Disease
- Heartworm Disease
- Pancreatic Insufficiency
- Congestive Heart Failure
REFERRAL TO SPECIALIST: Should the need arise, we believe in using the best available medical procedures even if that requires your pet’s care to a specialist veterinarian. We are fortunate to have available in the DFW area several very qualified and experienced specialists in all areas of medicine and surgery.
Our hospital features the following equipment:
- Accuvet CO2 Surgical Laser
- Tonopen for Glaucoma Testing
- Orthopedic Surgical Instrumentation
- Digital Camera on Microscopes
- Microchip Implants
- Pulse Oximeter Surgery Monitors
- Isoflurane Anesthetic Machine
- Innovet 300 MA X-Ray Unit
- Idexx In-House Laboratory Equipment
- Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning Units